– Cannon can be elevated to different angles
– Round base plate w/authentic details; accurate weld seams on sides of gun platform
– Tightening hand wheels around the platform base have sharp detail
– Gun shield molded to correct scale thickness
– Gunner’s seat accurately reproduced
– Hand wheels for gun adjustment
– Gun cradle offers great definition of detail – even weld seams are present
– Gun sight w/well-defined details
Early in WWII, the Luftwaffe ruled the skies over Europe. However, as the war progressed, this domination was reversed. The need for antiaircraft weapons became pressing, although the primary light AA gun – the 2cm FlaK 38 (Fliegerabwehrkanone 38) – was inadequate towards the war’s end. The FlaK 38 was an improved version of the FlaK 30, with a much-improved theoretical rate of fire of 420-480 rounds per minute. Mauser’s 2cm gun was adopted in March 1940, and more than 17,000 FlaK 30 and FlaK 38 examples were to see widespread service in WWII. The weapon had a muzzle velocity of 900m/s and its maximum effective range was 2,200m.
Dragon earlier released a fine 1/6 2cm FlaK 38 antiaircraft gun. Now it has been joined by another kit of the gun, though this time it depicts a Late-Production type. It has brand new hand wheels among the special late-type modifications to the original kit. The weapon is fully detailed in this large-scale creation. Furthermore, it moves like the real thing, with the weapon able to rotate 360º on its platform, and with the barrel able to elevate to any angle selected by the modeler. As the cannon elevates, the mechanism is carefully engineered so the gun sight moves in tandem. Although it’s full of complex detail, this plastic kit is simple to assemble and a ready supply of ammunition is also ready!